I woke up this morning, not to the sound of the alarm, but to "OH SHIT!!!" My BF's alarm did not go off at 5am, as it is supposed to. He woke up at 7:20 am, when he is already supposed to be at work, and I am usually leaving the house. Hence, a morning of chaos and rushing around... And so, while I sit here on hold for 25 minutes with the IRS, I started thinking about the little things that can rattle your day in a major way.
1. Oversleeping: As the afore-mentioned scenario indicates, oversleeping will eff up your entire day, even if it's by 20 minutes. In our case, it was 2 hours. So yeah, major jacking up of my morning. It will even screw up my food schedule.
2. Running out of hot water: Even if it's for the last 30 seconds of my shower, ending it with cold water is a one-ticket to Grumpsville. Have this happen in, say, February, and everyone better get the hell out of my way for the rest of the day.
3. No-reason traffic: Traffic is annoying no matter what. But when it's due to an accident or construction, it's somehow more tolerable than traffic that seems to have no explanation. Just... traffic. This is infuriating. A close second: rubbernecking traffic.
4. Wardrobe inventory error: Sometimes, when I am laying in bed at night, I think about what I might wear the next day. In my head, I pair the items together, am satisified with the idea, and look forward to a seamless morning. Until I wake up and realize that blouse is crumpled up at the bottom of the laundry basket, or those pants are at the dry cleaners. This usually happens when there's no suitable backup. Commence wardrobe crisis.
5. Universally bad timing in the gym: There are days when the flow of my workout will be completely disrupted the entire time because of other people. It is not intentional on their part, it's just the timing. For example, If I want to get on the fly machine,but someone is on it, I'll go to do, say, bicep curls, but I go over to the free weight rack, and all the weights are either taken or missing, so then I'll go to do something else, and there will be another problem... choppy workout = grumpypants. This also somehow seems to coincide with the days when my iPod picks the crappiest songs to shuffle.
What are the things that will set you up for a day of total mood-ruining?
Hope you all had a more pleasant start to your day. Happy Friday!