In celebration of the first day of fall, which means days of hunkering down under a blanket and watching TV all day are fast approaching!
Whether you have the standard or the super duper holy crap cable package, one thing is certain: You will, on any given day, find a movie that you've seen nine million times and never turn off. But they are not necessarily your "favorite" movies. In fact, my favorite movie list and my "watch anytime it's on" list, are totally different, and I find the latter far more interesting than the former.
1. The Breakfast Club: I can recite this movie from the opening voiceover to the final voiceover and not miss one word in between, though I rarely catch it right at the beginning. I laugh at the same parts every single time I watch it.
2. You've Got Mail: Baffling, since I really don't care for Rom-Coms. I honestly cannot come up with valid reasons why I will watch it every time it's on. But there is shame here, I just want you to know.
3. The Godfather: Again, never catch it from the beginning. This movie was on at the gym one day and I spent an extra 25 minutes on the treadmill. It's the mafia vortex. You can't help but get sucked in.
4. Dumb & Dumber: Ridiculous...ly funny. I find Jim Carrey annoying 97% of the time, but this movie cracks me up to absolutely no end.
5. Back to the Future: So quotable, funny every single time. I have, over the years, come to appreciate Christopher Lloyd more than I did when I was a kid. Comedy genius.
Runners Up: Empire Records (though this is a favorite movie), Independence Day, Gone in 60 Seconds, Sixteen Candles.
Which movies keep you glued to the boob tube?