Happy Lazy Sunday to you all. My lovely friend Charlotte over at My Pixie Blog tagged me in a meme. Part of the idea is to tag other blogger friends at the end so that they may participate, but... *sniff sniff* I don't have any bloggy friends (yet!). So, I'd love to invite you all to play with me. These are fun, and a great way to connect. I suppose this is the bloggy version of bringing a pie to a new neighbor. So, if you are so inclined, play along!
1. Post the rules
2. Share 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions posted to you from your tagger
4. Come up with 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag your peeps on Twitter, Facebook, or on your blog
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I hate new car smell.
2. I eat eggs for breakfast every single day.
3. I would, in a heartbeat, move to Hawaii.
4. Due to a severe bout with the chicken pox and spending days on end in the Aveeno bath, I now have a
major aversion to oatmeal. Ironically enough, oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite.
5. I love to be silly and crack myself up often.
6. The first records I had were DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince: He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper, and Debbie Gibson's Out of the Blue.
7. The first CDs I owned were Metallica's Black Album and Motley Crue: Decade of Decadence. Guess things changed a bit!
8. Most animated movies will make me cry, even if the sappy part is very short. Dumbo is blacklisted because of this.
9. To this day, I am certain my brother and I would sit in either a laundry basket or refrigerator box together if
we could fit.
10. Sometimes I have to think about my left and my right.
11. I am neither an early bird nor a night owl. I'm a mid-day kinda girl.
Charlotte's 11 questions:
1. If you could do anything with your life, what would you do?
I would write and teach. I'm halfway there. Bonus if I could do it in Hawaii.
2. You are leaving to go on a deserted island and are allowed to bring three CDs. Which ones do you take?
Tool: Lateralus, Tori Amos: Boys for Pele, Clutch: Clutch
3. Who do you look up to most in life and why?
I don't think I can narrow this down to just one person. I admire different people for different things, but
what links them all is that they were risk-takers, and/or chased a dream and persevered.
4. Book that changed your life?
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss. First book I ever read. First book I fell in love with.
5. What are the top three items on your bucket list?
a. Live in either a completely different part of the country or in another country for a time.
b. Get paid to write.
c. Learn to ride and be able to buy a motorcycle.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Walking into a college classroom, a total n00b, and finding it was like a fish to water.
7. Vacation destination at the top of your list?
As a repeat visit, Hawaii. As a new visit, Greek Isles
8. First crush?
The older brother of a childhood friend.
9. The world is coming to an end and you are allowed to make three phone calls. Who do you dial?
I'll assume I'm with my boyfriend, so my parents, my brother, and my sister
10. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
I can never answer this question, either because nothing that bad has ever happened or it was so bad I blocked it out.
11. If you could chose one superpower, which one would you pick?
To be fluent (speak, read, write) in every language on the planet.
Questions to my fellow bloggers:
1. What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?
2. Your first concert?
3. Your biggest fear and how you did/would conquer it.
4. What profession would you least like to have?
5. Do you still draft with pen and paper, or have you gone completely digital?
6. If there were no health repercussions, what one food could you live on forever?
7. What kind of exotic animal would you own as a pet if you could?
8. Three movies you will never turn off:
9. One thing you would change about your life:
10. What is your fondest childhood memory?
11. Worst date you've ever been on?